I am trained and qualified in many different aspects of psychotherapy & counselling, supervision, healing, shamanic therapy, and arts based therapies (See below for qualifications and training).
It is my belief, however, that we learn to truly live from our authentic self by embodying who we are with flaws and gifts. Whatever pieces of paper I may have, whatever skillset, it is our relationship and my presence with you which serves as a portal of growth.
My creative, highly sensitive and transformational persona informs all. I continue to write poetry, books,(some of which are published), paint, dance and explore more ways to express my creativity. (Look up my groups and trainings if you are interested in finding out more about my creative workshops.)
When only 19 years old, I underwent a deep and unique awakening which shaped my life, offering both gifts and burdens in equal measure. I was set on the path of healer, oracle, artist and transformer while feeling a profound responsibility and honour to share all I was shown.
It is my wish to show you how the beauty of life, the essence of each breath we take, each action we make, each connection we hold dear, can shape how we live, no matter what our background or previous experience.
Are you wishing to come home to yourself, longing for connection, to others, yourself, the earth; Are you facing a life transition, carrying traumas ready to be released or seeking creative potential – are you highly sensitive, now wishing to emerge?
I have over thirty five years experience, dedication and qualifications (see below) with which to meet you in your real, embodied human-ness.
I love to hold sacred space and offer trainings and groups, as well as individual therapy. I have undertaken thousands of therapy and healing hours with clients, both young and old.
I have previously been a specialist in the fields of grief and loss & attachment theory. I pioneered services for children and families in schools and within the fields of cancercare and palliative care/chronic illnesses. I worked alongside NHS and Social Care professionals for many years. I also have an abiding love of play as a play therapist, believing we all can learn to play better. Touching the arena of death and dying, I have found a profound lesson in how to live!
I offer specialist support for:
- Anxiety & Depression
- Trauma History
- Life Transitions
- Bereavement and Loss
- Abuse survivors
- Attachment Disorders
- Childhood Issues
- Relationship Matters
- Highly Sensitive People
- Blocks to Creativity
Professional history :
- 1980’s -1996 – Arts & Transpersonal Therapist/Group Facilitator/Autistic Support therapist (Son-Rise) : Oxfordshire
- 1996-2004 – Lead Counsellor, Play Therapist, Pioneer of services, Supervisor & Trainer : Lancashire & Cumbria UK
- Fields of expertise included – Schools Counselling Services, Rape & Abuse Services, Adoption & Fostering Services, CAMHS NHS Services, Social Services, Attachment Theory Trainer.
- 2004-2009 – Lead Therapist and Founder of CYPS in CancerCare Charity – N.West UK
- 2009-2013- Co-ordinator of CYPS Service within hospice – S.West UK
- 2014 onwards – Psychotherapist & Counsellor in private practice; Supervisor
- 2016 onwards – Trainer in Sandtray Therapy, The Arts in Therapy
Other Training and Experience:
- 1985 onwards -Healing Training with National Federation of Spiritual Healers, now The Healing Trust
- 1988-1989 – ITEC Massage Training
- 1988 onwards – Shamanic Training with – Centre for Core Shamanism, Scandinavian Center for Shamanic Studies, Dan Van Kampenout and Dutch Centre for Shamanism and others
- 1976 onwards – Ongoing meditation practice using Zen, transcendental meditation and other techniques
- 1990 – 1995 – Member of pioneering group to incorporate Healing and psychotherapy – Oxford & London.
- 2009 – Diploma in Spiritual Companionship with William Bloom
- 2020 – Vision Quest Training – Findhorn
I now offer embodied, creative psychotherapy & counselling for adults only, both short term and long term. I also offer professional supervision for therapists. There is sometimes a waiting list. Please be patient if this is the case.
Ten Percent of my income currently goes to support Charities which support our earth, & Amnesty International.
“Anna I can’t really put into words my deepest gratitude and appreciation for our healing session today. You supported me and held me through some very deep healing processes involving both my own personal wound and that of the collective divine feminine. We were very in tune as we worked together ……. The energies were very high and very pure.
I thank you from the bottom of my heart and soul.”
Qualifications, Memberships & Trainings
- Member of British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists
- Member & Approved Supervisor of British Association of Play Therapists
- Professional Standards Association Registered Member.
MA Play Therapy (2000); BAHons (1982); Dip Couns (1999); Dip Supervision (2009); Cert TEAA (1992); Cert Spiritual Companions (2008).
Professional Training : 1982 – 2021
- Transactional Analysis Group Training – Oxford UK 1982-83
- Dream Therapy Training – two years – Stroud UK 1986-88
- Institute for Transpersonal Psychology – London UK 1988-90
- Sandtray Therapy Training – IATE – London UK 1992
- Solution Focused Counselling – Lancashire UK 1995
- Family System Training – Cumbria UK 1995
- Trauma Therapy Training – Dan Hughes/Margot Sunderland 1998/2004
- Psycho-Pathology of Attachment Theory Training – P Crittenden – Cumbria UK 1998
- Shamanic Practitioner Training (Centre for Core Shamanism, Daan van Kampenhout, & Others) 1985-2000
- Spiritual Healing Training (NFSH, now Healing Trust). 1985 – 1995
- Life time meditator- From Zen meditation(Zazen) to transcendental Meditation.
- Massage Practitioner ITEC. 1987
- Family Constellations Training/Practitioner – 2012/2018
- Vision Quest Training – 2020